Monday, April 27, 2009

RSA Conference 2009



I was just reading this article (LINK) about the 2009 RSA Conference, held in San Francisco last week. I haven't spoken to my friends, who organize the the conference yet (OFFICIAL SITE), but it seems that numbers were somewhat down as expected this week, due to the economy.

I spent the last week here, in Moline, at my desk. As it turns out, I have a huge number of projects going on that need me here, and so our new travel policy (not to travel) made sense to me. I was happy to stay here, keep working (and keep my job!) But, I must say, I was a bit nostalgic, since this would have been my 10th conference. I think having missed this year, 2010 will be even better. I can only hope that the economy improves and that this great venue for information security doesn't dry up and fade away! We probably can't ever have things the way they were five or ten years ago, but for many of us, this is the one chance we get to meet up with all of our friends, catch up and review what's new in the security industry.

No comments: